Musoni Kenya, the first MFI to be 100% mobile, is a microfinance institution that leverages on innovative technology to provide financial services to the low income enterpreneurs in Kenya.
Musoni Kenya Limited seeks funding support to scale the Kilimo Booster loan product. Kilimo Booster, developed with support from Grameen Foundation (GF), is a 100% mobile-based loan product delivered through a digital field application, with customized, flexible terms that help smallholders in diverse value chains diversify their enterprises, expand existing farms, and venture into new farming activities.
Use of mobile technology to improve access to finance
Mr. James Onyutta, Chief Executive Officer, Musoni Kenya Limited
Grameen Foundation USA
- FRP contribution: USD 1,383,949
- Match funds: USD 6,971,498
- Project period: 2 years
- Reach: 16,500 clients in 3 years
- Training: 18,000 clients in 3 years, of which 60% are women and youth
- Systemic Change: Increased financial access for increased productivity and economic growth