SmartMoney is a mobile money company with experience developing mobile money solutions in Uganda and Tanzania. It is based on three business pillars: (1) free-of-charge P2P payments and savings, (2) free-of-charge rural merchant payments, and (3) agricultural value chain bulk payments
E-Village is a holistic mobile finance system for rural communities, which will be supported by research, marketing and training support for users.
This project pilots a cash lite approach for rural communities. It will test the willingness of rural smallholders to move away from cash to digital financial services through integrated payments.
- Mountains of the Moon University
- Uganda Ministry of Trade, Industry and Commerce
Mr. Michael Spencer, Chief Executive Officer
- Drive rural financial inclusion for a million unbanked rural Ugandans
- Comprehensively reduce transaction costs across rural economies
- Enable agriculture companies to transition from cash to e-payments
- Support the integration of smallholder farmers into commercial agricultural value chains.